Additional Coverage for Flood, Earthquake and Wind Damage

A standard homeowners policy will have a lot of rock-solid coverage for multiple risks around your house. Yet, you might not have coverage for things like floods, hurricane-force winds and earthquakes.

Weather-related floods, like from river swells, usually don’t have coverage under standard home insurance. You’ll likely need a flood insurance policy backed by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Keep in mind, certain water damage, like from burst pipes, might still have coverage on your standard homeowners policy.

Wind damage will usually have coverage under your standard home policy. However, if you live in an area prone to hurricanes, then you might need a special policy endorsement.

Earthquakes usually doesn’t have coverage under a standard home policy. However, agents can often add endorsements to your policy to protect against these risks.

Talk to one of our agents about whether you qualify for flood, wind and quake insurance. We’ll do everything we can to add this coverage to your policy. Keep in mind, damage brought on by normal wear and tear will almost never have coverage on any policy.